Thursday, February 23, 2012

Succulent cup of tea

Only recently have I started collecting beautiful second-hand tea cups and saucers.

Every time I pass an op shop, I seem to be drawn immediately to the homewares section and 9 out of 10 times, I find myself at the counter purchasing yet another vintage tea set.

Most of the time there is not a matching pair, which I don't mind. The variety of unique, one-off pieces provides me with a chance to be creative - I will spend time mixing and matching a pattern tea cup with a plain saucer or vis versa until I find the perfect combination.

The fun doesn't stop at the op shop though.

Once home, I fill the cups with soil and plant a small succulent inside. With a little bit of TLC, these make-shift pot plants make the perfect gift and my friends just love to receive them.

They are the easiest plants to look after - I only spray mine every few days. If you're looking to create your own tea set garden, remember to water them lightly as the tea cup has no drainage.

Loving life outside


2 comments:

  1. It's a fabulous idea!
    I link your article and borrow the photo for the saturday's post.
    Please let me know if you agree with it.

    Thanks and see you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words. I would love you to link my post with your article on Saturday.
    Cheers
    BlueBirdMill

    ReplyDelete